8 days til we leave Ecuador….8 things I will miss
We came to Ecuador to live in our new home 89 days ago. We leave to return to Arkansas in 8 days. We can’t wait to be home, but here are the top 9 things I will miss:
1. The scenery, from the 5+ miles of Pacific blue view from balcony and rooftop, to the lush vegetation on each outing, to our own flora in our yard.
2. The Ecuadorian people of Puerto Cayo. I love their simple lifestyle, their humilty and the joy they find in being with their families.
3. The precious time spent with my husband. We’ve made a ton of great memories here, grown individually and as a couple and it’s a journey I don’t regret. No one can ever take this path away from us.
4. A handful of non-Ecuadorian friends. We’ve met people who live here, those passing through and those experiencing the adventure for the first time. We’ve made some lifelong friends here.
6. The happy sounds of birds chirping and even crickets and other natural noises in the habitat. The rolling of the ocean tides, all day, every day.
7. The handmade, crafts and textiles made and/or inspired by the indigenous people. The beautiful bright vibrant colors used in design.
8. Our big blue (and orange) house. (complete with blue scooter) I’m not sure anyone appreciates the color palate we selected, but that’s ok, because it was chosen by us, for us and we love it.
9. Every sunset.Perfect in its own way, whether cloudy, clear, or glimpses of the red on a colorful sky.