Hoy-(today) grocery day in Ecuador
My friend Alissa gave me these shoes full of bling! They are in my favorite color and I wore them today even though they didn’t really match 🙂
- Me sipping on Juan Valdez “instant” coffee. Con Leche of course.
- Steve after breakfast, looking out over the city of Manta, gearing up for grocery shopping
Ecuador Roses $3/dozen. Aren’t they beautiful? One of Ecuador’s largest exports! Mi amor!
- one of my favorites: Spring Bouquet, priced around $6.00 at Supermaxi
Larger bouquet $8, Cheap enough to have fresh flowers every week, every room!
ah…pulpo, Steve’s favorite, especially on Pizza! haha. not really….that’s spanish for Octopus
- the wine row, not many Merlot and not many made in Ecuador. Mostly chilean and argentina here.
Campbell’s soup, only 3 kinds, Tomato, Cream of Mushroom and Chicken Noodle all for around $2/can
- Ready made soup, just heat and eat, for $3.47, we decided to just wait til we get home to have some mmm, mmm, good!
mini-keg, Heineken, very interesting..wonder if you recycle the keg?
- we bought a cold treat for the road, chockobanko, with spinkles..reminds me of making frozen chocholate bananas as a kid…these were ok
slow for cow crossing..see how thin they are? we bought 4 containers of ground beef at the store today. It tastes so different than we are used too, almost no fat on it.