40 days and 40 nights away from the U.S.
Recap of our last 40 days and 40 nights coming to Ecuador, highs and lows:
1. The Pacific, beautiful and blue as far as the eye can see
2. The rainy season, making the brown green again
3. New friends, and reacquainting with old friends
4. Missing family, friends, and furry ones.
5. Enjoying our new home here
6. Still waiting on all the furnishings
7. Conquering the bug epidemic? Scorpians, flies, crickets, crunchy bugs
8. Enjoying 24/7 with my darling husband
10. Throwing up 2 x on the way from Quito
11. Almost forgetting about the elevation sickness with time
12. Appreciating and distinguishing everyday tasks and convenience
13. Trying to Conserve Water
14. Thankful I almost never hand-washed dishes in the U.S.
15. Making up for using dishwasher so much in the U.S.
17. Learning to work in small business again
18. Happy to see my parents planning more travel
19. Enjoyed my first mud bath with sulphur
20. Learning my directions
21. Enjoying U.S.TVNOW
22. Still participating in Girls night Mondays, virtually
23. Loving so many friends who support and encourage us via Facebook
24. Appreciating even more my Mother in Law as she cares for our cocker spaniel
25. Knowing the preciousness of water and hot water
26. Yo practicar espanol, muy bueno…..
27. Smiling faces and waves from the locals
28. No Junk Mail
29. No mail at all
30. Buying groceries at the mall
31. Nonverbal Communication: specifically gestures and facial expressions
34. Curvy roads
35. speed bumps
36. Standard Transmission
37. Not driving
38. “Hanging out to dry” has a whole new meaning
40. an experience that is so hard to believe; really happening